TRANSFER BOOKING CONDITIONS
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
- he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- he/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
Where you have booked additional service(s) in destination, such as ski hire, ski lessons or lift passes, such booking will be with the independent third party service provider of the additional service and will not be with TCC.
- Booking & Paying For Your Arrangements
A booking is made with us when:
- you have agreed to these Booking Conditions;
- you have paid us a non-refundable Booking Fee (or full payment if you are otherwise booking within 8 weeks of departure); and
- we issue you with a booking confirmation.
Payment of the Booking Fee can be made using internet banking or by debit or credit card. Where requested, card payments may also be made over the phone.
Unless agreed otherwise, the Booking Fee payable shall be 10% of the total booking value, up to a maximum of £90.
We reserve the right to return your Booking Fee and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you or your travel agent.
Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on your booking confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes cannot be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within ten days of our sending it out.
The balance of the cost of your arrangements (including any applicable surcharge) is due not less than 8 weeks prior to scheduled departure. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case we shall retain your Booking Fee.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in any advertising material that we publish are accurate, however, occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices, possible transfer times (see clause 11) and other details in such circumstances. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the travel arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
- Transfer Booking Form
You are responsible, before booking to provide us with the correct travel information using the Transfer Booking Form. In the Transfer Booking Form you are required to provide details about your party members, car seats, luggage, and arrival / departure timing and details. Children must use a child car seat until they are 12 years old or 135 centimetres tall, whichever comes first. Alpine Sherpa may not be able to provide your transfer should you not provide the correct child seat information within the Transfer Booking Form.
Alpine Sherpa cannot be held responsible for missed flights, trains or any other connecting travel due to misinformation.
Adequate travel insurance is a condition of your contract with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers winter sports and all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
Where necessary, your insurance policy must include provisions, covering you for (but not limited to) the following situations:
- From the 1st January 2021, you should take out medical /health cover due to the uncertainty of Brexit and the possibility that your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will become invalid;
- Where you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 before departure and are no longer able to travel;
- Where you have been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and need to self-isolate;
- Where you have been contacted by NHS Track and Trace and you are required to self-isolate;
- You have been diagnosed during your tour or have otherwise came in contract with someone who has been diagnosed and you are now required to self-isolate. Your insurance policy should cover you for repatriation where necessary, emergency medical expenses abroad and additional costs of accommodation and/or transport if you need to self-isolate whilst abroad.
- You live in a place that has imposed lockdown restrictions and you no longer feel as if you can travel; and
- The hotel or destination you are travelling to have imposed lockdown restrictions.
- Events Beyond Our Control
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by Events Beyond Our Control. For the purpose of these Booking Conditions, this means any event beyond our or our suppliers control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination, global epidemics or pandemics, or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including any port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport, traffic congestion/restrictions and all similar events our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
Brexit Implications: please note that certain travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include an unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports etc. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor and will advise our passengers as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed bookings that will be affected. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, any such changes would be treated as Events Beyond Our Control, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements or refunds where possible, we will not be liable to pay you any compensation.
- Special Requests
Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking or on the Transfer Booking Form (see clause 3) e.g. seat location, arrival / departure, child car seats, luggage allowance, luggage extras etc. You should then confirm your requests in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your booking confirmation or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed by us. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
- Disabilities and Medical Problems
We are not a specialist disabled transfer company but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your transfer, please provide us with full details before your booking is confirmed so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen travel arrangements. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in your chosen arrangements.
Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
- Visa, Passport and Health Requirements
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure. Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, visit https://www.gov.uk/travelaware.
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling,
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
- Your Behaviour
All our passengers are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any transfer driver or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any other passengers, the driver or any third party, or damage or soiling to property or the vehicle, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, or is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, we reserve the right to terminate your booking with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your arrangements immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost arrangements will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage, cleaning charges or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the transfer driver or other supplier prior to departure. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you.
Passengers are not allowed to consume alcohol during any journey. Smoking is not permitted during the transfer.
We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other passengers or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
- Conditions of Suppliers
The services which make up your travel arrangements may be provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
- Transfer Conditions
Where your incoming flight, trains or other transport is delayed for more than 60 minutes, we will make every effort possible to hold the transfer vehicle, but there is no guarantee to keep your transfer slot. In these circumstances, where flights, trains or other connecting travel are excessively delayed, Alpine Sherpa may charge an additional €25EUR per hour, per vehicle (where the vehicle is a minibus), or an additional cost where the vehicle is a coach, for a replacement transfer. Please see your booking confirmation for the details of your transfer.
We accept no responsibility for any delays or losses suffered in relation to minor transfers, as a result of Events Beyond Our Control (see clause 5). Alpine Sherpa cannot be held responsible for missed flights, trains or any other connecting travel due to misinformation or your delay.
Luggage limit: Passengers are limited to three items of luggage, inclusive of one large checked bag, one small hand luggage and one ski or snowboard bag, per person. Any luggage in excess of the luggage limit should be declared at the time of booking (see clause 6). Alpine Sherpa reserves the right to charge an excess luggage allowance, or refuse to transport the luggage/items if entirely necessary.
- Cutting Your Arrangements Short
If you are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of transfers and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your transfer not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
- If You Transfer Your Bookings
If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the arrangements;
- we are notified not less than 10 days before departure;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of £30 per person transferring, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in clause 14 will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for customers not travelling or for unused services.
- If You Change or Cancel your Booking
If you wish to change any part of your booking after our booking confirmation has been issued, you must inform us in writing as soon as possible. This should be done by the first named person on the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of an administration fee of £30 per person per change, as well as any costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers in making this change. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you.
Note: Certain arrangements may not be changeable after confirmation and any alteration may result in a cancellation charge of 100%.
If you, or any member of your party, decides to cancel your booking after it has been confirmed, the first named person on the booking must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us and will be effective from the date on which we receive it. Should one or more member of a party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of those still travelling and you will be liable to pay this increase.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the cancellation charges as follows:
Period before departure date within which notification is received — Cancellation Charge
More than 8 weeks prior to departure — Loss of Booking Fee
Between 4 and 8 weeks prior to departure — 75% of the cost of the booking
Less than 4 weeks prior to departure — 100% of the cost of the booking
Please note that amendment charges are not refundable in any circumstances.
Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% for that part of the arrangements in addition to the charges above.
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
- If We Change or Cancel Your Booking
We may in certain circumstances be required to cancel your booking in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to you. We regret we cannot meet any expenses or losses that you may incur as a result of change or cancellation. Very rarely, we may be forced by Events Beyond Our Control (see clause 5) to change or cancel your travel service(s) after departure. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds, pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
Alpine Sherpa may change the transfer supplier should we need to do so, for example in the event of a mechanical failure or illness of a transfer supplier. When and where possible, Alpine Sherpa will contact you to notify of this arrangement and will inform you of any changes to the supplier, meeting point, driver or vehicle. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds, pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
We make every effort to ensure that your arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your holiday, please inform your resort representative or chalet host immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please contact + 33 70 68 01 45 44.
If the problem cannot be resolved and you wish to complain further, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to us at our office, ideally within 28 days of the end of your stay, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect ours and the applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
- Our Responsibilities for Your Booking
- Subject to the remainder of this clause, we have a duty to either select the suppliers of the services making up your booking with us with reasonable skill and care (where we use the services of third party suppliers to provide your booking) or to provide the services you have booked with reasonable skill and care (where we are performing those services). We have no liability to you except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
a) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected; orb) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; orc) unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond ours or our supplier(s) control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; ord) an event which either ourselves or suppliers could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled.
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause.a) loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.b) Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is twice the price paid by you in total. This maximum will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to ourselves and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) availability (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss of expense or other sum(s) of any description: (a) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you: or (b) relate to any business.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not for part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure. For example any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Booking Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise between us (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable).
- Foreign Office Advice
You are responsible for making yourself aware of Foreign Office advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Events Beyond Our Control (see clause 5).
For Terms of bookings made prior to October 2020, please view here: Terms and Conditions – Pre 8th Oct 2020